The Local Party
As a party member you are entitled to attend our monthly meetings and take part in our regular campaign activities. If you’d like to get more involved or if you have any queries please get in touch.
Contact: Connor Jones, Constituency Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaigning We’re a campaigning party, out meeting residents most weekends with Karen Buck MP and our Labour Councillors, listening to their views and concerns and taking up issues on their behalf. There’s usually leaflets and newsletters to deliver as well. Don’t worry if you’ve never canvassed before – we work as a team and there’s always someone experienced to show you the ropes.
Watch out for our regular email Campaign News from our Organiser, Dario Goodwin, which gives details of upcoming campaign sessions or see them on the Events tab above. Contact Dario at email@example.com or 0208 964 4848.
Constituency All-Member Meetings These are usually held on the third Thursday of each month except August and December. It’s a chance for members to get together, hear guest speakers on a wide-range of subjects, discuss policy and receive updates from Karen Buck MP and the Leader of the Labour Group of Councillors, Adam Hug.
Branch Meetings These are smaller, more informal meetings of members living in two or three neighbouring electoral wards where members get a chance to hear reports from their local Councillors, discuss policy and plan campaigns in their area.
Constituency Officers are responsible for the day-to-day running of the local Party and for planning campaigns and elections. The Officers are elected at the Annual General Meeting which is usually held in June. The current Officers are:
- Chair – Max Sullivan
- Secretary & Digital Media Officer – Connor Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair – Aicha Less
- Vice Chair, Membership – Margaret Lynch – email@example.com
- Campaigns Officer & Treasurer – Andy Whitley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Officer – Angela Piddock
- Youth Officer – Simon Wyatt
- BAME Officer – Iman Less
- Disability Officer – Naheed Akhtar
- Trade Union Liason Officer – Guthrie McKie
- Policy Officer – Murad Qureshi
- Political Education Officer – John Tosh
- Fundraising Officer – Rita Begum
- Organiser – Dario Goodwin – email@example.com