Harrow Road & Queen’s Park AGM
Welcome to the nominations portal for the Harrow Road & Queen’s Park branch AGM which will be held on at 7:30pm on Monday 16th November using Microsoft Teams. The link for the meeting can be found in the email you received with the notice for the AGM.
This year is different to usual, you must submit any nominations you have for the AGM in advance of the meeting to allow us to set up the online ballot. You must submit all nominations by 5pm Saturday 14th November for them to be carried to the AGM. Any nominations received after this time will not be considered.
The AGM nominates and elects a variety of positions for the year ahead, you can find out full details below. If you have any questions about this please contact the CLP Secretary (email@example.com).
We would encourage all members who want to get involved in the CLP over the next year to take part in the AGM, and you are free to nominate yourself for positions. If you are nominating another member, please ensure you have their permission to do so.
To validate your nominations you must attend the AGM and your nominations must be proposed/seconded at the meeting. Please ensure your Labour Party membership is fully paid up so you are able to take part in the AGM.
Some of the positions / teams have gender balanced rules to ensure they are representative. Whilst your nominations do not have to be balanced, please take a look at the agenda to bear this in mind.
You are invited to make nominations to the following positions:
- Branch Officers – these members run your branch meetings: Branch Chair, Branch Secretary and Vice-Chair
- Ward delegates to represent you on our Constituency Executive Committee: One delegate per ward (please note you can only nominate for your individual ward rather than branch in this position)
- Nominations for CLP Officers: Chair, Secretary, Vice-Chair, Vice-Chair Membership, Treasurer and Women’s Officer
- Nominations for additional Constituency roles: Campaign Coordinator, Policy Officer, Political Education Officer, Youth & Student Officer, BAME Officer, Disabilities Officer, Digital Officer, Trade Union Liaison Officer, Fundraising Officer, LGBT+ Officer and 2 x Auditor. With the exception of the the Auditors, these role-holders are members of the Executive Committee.
- Nominations to the Westminster Local Government Committee – these members administer the selection of candidates for council elections and council election campaigns across the borough: 6 x general delegates, Youth delegate, BAME delegate and Trade Union delegate
You do not have to make nominations for all positions.