Register to vote
Don’t forget to register to vote!
If you want to have a say in who runs the country, who represents you in Parliament and on the local council you must be registered to vote.
Who can register to vote?
Everyone over the age of 17 who is a British, Irish, Commonwealth or EU citizen can register to vote.
Register online here: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
It only takes 5 minutes – have your National Insurance number to hand.
- Young people who register will be able to vote as soon as they reach their 18th birthday
- British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens can vote at all elections.
- EU citizens can vote at council elections and for the London Mayor and London Assembly
- Students may register at their home address and at their college address – but may only vote once at a general elections – more information here.
Voting by post
If you’d like to vote by post then apply now. You don’t have to give a reason.
With a postal vote, the voting papers will be sent to your home about 2 weeks before election day. You must return them to the Council before election day – or take them to your local polling station on election day.
Voting by post is safe and easy – click here to sign-up
Contact Westminster Electoral Services at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tele: 020 7641 2730 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)